Speed up Your Windows System
Hello, My Dear Friends! Want to Speed up your laptop/computer and irritated from very slow speed of your window 7/8/10 system. Feel little hesitating deleting temporary files by pressing window+R and typing %temp% again and again and ba ba black sheep……..
Without Wasting time let’s come to the point i.e. how to increase laptop speed/your windows system. Let’s discuss the Most convenient methods to improve Your system/Laptop performance:
Table of Content
- Disk Cleanup
- Disable Startup programs
- Delete temp, Prefetch Files One Click Speed up Method
- Hide all non-Microsoft Services
- Uninstall Unwanted Programs and Software
- Disable Search Indexing
- Edit Registry for mouse and menu delay settings
- Update Device Drivers
- Optimize Folder Options
- Disk Defragmentation
- Keep Your System Safe from Viruses
- Using Third-Party PC Cleaners
Let’s see how it works…….
1. Disk Cleanup
The first step to increase your laptop speed is to perform a Disk Cleanup to remove unwanted and improve performance.
- Press window Button+R
- Type cleanmgr.exe in the run box and Click OK. Disk cleanup utility will open.
- Select Drive you want to clean up, Usually C Drive and click OK.
- Wait for few seconds as it will analyze the disk.
- Now select all the files and click OK. That’s all.
2. Disable Startup programs
- Press Ctrl+Shift+Esc . Task Manager will open.
- Go to startup Tab.
- Right click the program you don’t need to load up at the startup. Just Disable it. That’s all.
3. Delete temp, Prefetch Files One Click Speed up Method
Now you can speed up your windows system with just one click. Without going to any details just move to this one click method to increase your laptop or window system speed just with one click.
- Press Window Button+R, and type Notepad. Click OK.
- Select the following code and paste as it is in the notepad.
@echo off del /s /f /q c:windowstemp*.* rd /s /q c:windowstemp md c:windowstemp del /s /f /q C:WINDOWSPrefetch del /s /f /q %temp%*.* rd /s /q %temp% md %temp% deltree /y c:windowstempor~1 deltree /y c:windowstemp deltree /y c:windowstmp deltree /y c:windowsff*.tmp deltree /y c:windowsprefetch deltree /y c:windowshistory deltree /y c:windowscookies deltree /y c:windowsrecent deltree /y c:windowsspoolprinters cls
- Just save the file as Speed.bat on desktop.
- That’s all. Whenever you feel your laptop/system slowing down just double-click it. It will improve your system performance by just one clicking of your mouse cursor.
You can also directly download Speed.bat File to your System –> CLICK HERE
4. Hide all non-Microsoft Services
- Press window Button+R
- Type msconfig in the run box and Click OK. System configuration Dialog box will open.
- Now select Services Tab on Top.
- Check the option saying Hide all Microsoft services
- Click OK. That’s all.
5. Uninstall Unwanted Programs and Software
You can just move to the control panel. Go to programs and features. Just uninstall the unwanted programs that you don’t require.
6. Disable Search Indexing
Search indexing improves search responses in windows explorer, but It also slows down the system performance by using more of the CPU and RAM. It can reduce system performance upto 10%. If search index is disabled. If you don’t do lots of searches, disabling it is a better option. Just Follow the steps.
- Right Click This PC or Computer icon on desktop.
- Select Manage option from the context menu.
- Now, Go to ‘Services and Applications’ -> ‘Services’.
- Now Find Windows Search and Double Click It.
- Dialog box will open. Select Startup Type as “Disabled” and press OK
7. Edit Registry for mouse and menu delay settings
- Press window Button+R.
- Type regedit and hit enter.
- Once registry editor windows open up, browse to the following location.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER –> Control Panel –> Mouse
- Now, Double click on MouseHoverTime from the right side.
- Now, change value data to 10.
- Then again browse to the following location given below.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER –> Control Panel –> Desktop
- Now, click on MenuShowDelay from the right.
- Now, change its value data to 10.
8. Update Device Drivers
Update any outdated drivers in your windows system if any.
- Press window button+R and type devmgmt.msc
- Now, select your computer name from the list
- Then Choose Action –> Scan for Hardware Changes.
9. Optimize Folder Options
- Press window Button+R and Type “control.exe folders” without quotes.
- Now Uncheck the Following options
Always show icons, never thumbnails Display File icon on thumbnails Display File size information in folder tips Show encrypted or compressed NTFS Files in color Show pop-up description for folder and desktop items Show preview handlers in preview pane
- Finally check the following options given below:
Hide empty drives Hide extensions for known File types Hide folder merge conflicts Hide protected operating system Files (Recommended)
- Finally Click OK
10. Disk Defragmentation
You can also use disk defragmentation to speed your system up. There are many software available in the market to do the function but windows comes with a pre-loaded Disk Defragmenter. To use the Utility follow the steps:
- Press window Button+R and Type “dfrgui” and click OK.
- Select the drive you wish to defrag.
- Now Click the Analyze button.
- After analysis is completed click Optimize Button to complete the process.
11. Keep Your System Safe from Viruses
Another cause of slow laptop/windows system performance is virus or some kind of malicious software. There are many antivirus software programs for free to keep your system clean from virus and malicious software. Window 7/8/10 also comes with a pre-loaded antivirus program i.e. Window Defender. Here we are providing a list of top antivirus software programs that are going to do work for free :
Just go the official websites and download the progams for free. If you are to share data from your PC/laptop through USB drives/Removable Devices or over internet or network you can also upgrade to the paid version of these softwares. But free versions also work fine.
12. Using Third Party PC Cleaners
You may also use a third-party cleaner or paid software to optimize your PC or laptop’s performance. Here given is a list of some trusty software –
360 Total Security
Advanced System Care
TMP File Cleaner
TOP- AVG TuneUp Utilities
These are the best filtered methods to improve system performance. Share with your friends. Sharing is caring . If you have any issues to discuss feel free to comment.
To Download Top, latest software for free you can visit the Following Link :